Stream Schedule

Stream Schedule
Throne of GamesSaturday8pm ET
Thursday ThroneThursday8pm ET
Holding CourtM-W-F2pm ET
Early Throne Special (on hiatus)alt. Saturdays2pm ET

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Don't be afraid Daniel. I can't tell you why, but know this, I choose to forget. Try to find comfort and strength in that fact. There is a purpose. You are my final effort to put things right.

With no recollection of anything that came before, the player character awakes in castle that has seen better days. Piecing together what he can from his surroundings, he soon learns his forgotten goal, and gradually realizes how horrible his situation is.

Now, personally, I'm a total scaredy-cat. I sat down with the game just long enough to figure out the basics of what was going on so I could do this write-up. Tried to play further, but only succeeded in freaking myself right out. So I'm just going to enjoy this game vicariously through John, who will be our player for this October special series, and who will be going into this completely blind.

Don't miss seeing your hosts be utterly terrified by Amnesia: The Dark Descent, beginning October 13th at 7pm ET.

(For those not familiar with the game or its reputation, this comes with a strong CONTENT WARNING. There's some legitimately disturbing stuff in this game, but it's used to build a very scary atmosphere, and is part of what makes this game so utterly terrifying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment